1. Make sure your camera and drivers are installed
2. Install skype and register
1. Under the menu bar pull down tools/options.
2. You will see icons for audio and video settings on the left of this page.
3. Under video settings, make sure you select the webcam you have connected
4. Under audo settings, choose your camera's buit-in mic.
5. Speaker setting should be set to your computer's internal sound card.
You may then try a skype test call to check the settings.
6. Microphone settings should be set to your web cam's external mic.
You can do a mic check at this time.
7. Run the video optimizer.